Style Tips: 6 saree hacks every woman should know Fashion Trends
Buy Peach Georgette Embroidery Floral V Tiered Lehenga Saree With Blouse For Women by Pinup By Astha Online at Aza Fashions
Therefore, curvier women can wear this saree when they are going to a party or any ethnic occasion. Instead of wearing an Anarkali, opt for a Mysore silk saree for a graceful look. Pinup the tip of your saree pallu gently and allow the rest of the saree fall on your hand. – Choose a saree with thin zari borders if you are on the shorter side.
Just drape your saree over it and flaunt your new curvy figure. The key is to pick the right size and association of polka dots that compliment yours determine and accentuate your satisfactory capabilities. If traditional is what you want to retain, drape this saree the conventional way and wear it with an off shoulder, or fit-n-flair top. You can play around with different top styles like- halter, a bikini style with a matching jacket. When wearing a cold-shoulder, you can pull out your pallu from the cutout for a dramatic look.
Learn How to Wear South Indian Saree: Step by Step
If you’re curvy, the butterfly saree draping style would be an amazing pick. This style would be further complimented if you choose a silky fabric which could define your pleats like the iridescent wings of a butterfly.
- In this article, we’ve included a little bit about saree draping styles to look slim.
- During special events, pleating and folding a saree can enable you to drape it fast and efficiently while still maintaining a flawless appearance.
- Spice your look with a fitted graphic tee acting as the blouse.
- Both of these are great to sport dresses that are backless, strapless, off-shoulder etc.
Roll up those sleeves when sporting plaid and throw in some killer shades. An embellished corseted blouse with a concept drape saree can instantly up your outfit game by many folds. Due to being pre-stitched they are easy to carry and give a suave gown-like feel.
How to Wear a Silk Saree Perfectly
The exquisite patterns on the pallu and border of these sarees make them noteworthy. Mysore silk sarees have stolen the heart of many women since ages, and it continues to do so with its wide range of intricate design patterns. The floral motifs, mango butti and kairi shaped brocade make a popular choice for women in the market. Since so many years, the Mysore silk sarees have still made the vibrant, glorious ethnic touch and quality stuck to its bottom line. History of Mysore Silk SareesThe period of Tipu Sultan’s reign holds the credit for the growth of the silk industry in the Kingdom of Mysore. He was inspired by the machine-made silk fabrics that the royal families wore www.pinupz.in.
Both of these are great to sport dresses that are backless, strapless, off-shoulder etc. Therefore, you must make sure that the blouse is perfectly fitted. It should not be too tight, as anything that is not comfortable will not make you feel and look good. Ensure the blouse is very well tailored and fits perfectly. Be it the scorching summers, or the chilly winters, cotton can be worn any time of the day with ease. Want to know how our peeps in Maharashtra style the saree in India?
What Are Some Good Ways For Plus-sized Ladies To Wear A Sari?
But this versatile attire lets you add your personal touch to it as well. Even though Saree itself is a layered ensemble but the draping pattern can bring an added charm to it. Experimenting with various textures can result in a breathtaking silhouette. Pinning a complimentary embroidered dupatta on a sheer solid saree with an off-shoulder blouse is just one way to do it. A unique and elegant blend of wearing a saree for the young hearts or women of any age.
- Due to being pre-stitched they are easy to carry and give a suave gown-like feel.
- A silk saree can add a lot of glam to any elaborate event.
- Today we will tell you that if you pin up the saree properly, then half the problem related to saree draping will be reduced automatically.
- We at Bewakoof believe that sarees are trendy, gorgeous and modern and can be worn on both casual and formal occasions.
- The highlight though, is that some of them come with pockets!
Doing this will also help you get an idea of how big you want the pallu to be. Use a pair of small beads where the safety pin enters and leaves the fabric, as shown in this picture. This will prevent the pin from accidentally tearing the saree during a sudden pull or jerk. To care for polka dot sarees, follow the specific care instructions provided by the manufacturer. They are generally recommended to be gently hand washed and stored in a cool, dry place to maintain shine and texture.
How to drape a saree in Bengali style
If you are wearing a Mysore silk saree at work, pin up the pleated saree completely. This South Indian silk saree is a great alternative to salwar suit when you are heading to work or a semi-formal occasion. When you are draping the saree, ensure that the pleats are pressed carefully. – Women who have an olive or dark complexion can opt for shades like pink, maroon and green. – Do not wear a flared petticoat with a Mysore silk saree. When you are going to a wedding or a reception party, wear a designer Mysore silk saree to grab attention.
- What if you could combine the ease of wearing a pair of jeans with the elegant look of the saree?
- You just need to know the correct saree wearing method to drape any type of saree.
- Atpur, a small village in Hooghly, West Bengal was known for weaving coarser sarees for everyday wear.
- Since then it has been tweaked to fit each decade with designers like Tarun Tahiliani, Satya Paul and Sabyasachi Mukherjee giving us the chills these days.
- A unique and elegant blend of wearing a saree for the young hearts or women of any age.
- We may have even let slip a swear word or two when we almost tripped over.
Say goodbye to rummaging through piles in search of the perfect one.Still a key feature, our transparent window offers a sneak peek into your colorful collection. Easily find the saree you’re looking for without rummaging through different covers. Unveil a new era of elegance and organization with our meticulously designed Kuber Industries Saree Cover. We understand that each saree holds not just fabric, but memories, stories, and a touch of tradition. That’s why we’ve created a storage solution that goes beyond mere functionality – it’s a celebration of your cherished wardrobe pieces.
Saree with a Cape
Today, the style is back to becoming a coveted look thanks to the wide variety of designs, styles, textures, and colours that they now come it. No, polka dot sarees are available in a wide spectrum of colors, ranging from traditional hues to vibrant and unconventional shades.
- There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.
- These expensive but gloriously attractive sarees come in handy especially in the wedding season.
- About 45% of total silk production in the country comes from Karnataka itself.
- To get this look, team a lehenga or skirt with your favourite silk saree and blouse.
- You can play with the draping style by choosing to pin up the Pallu over or under the cape.
Do try something funky – A printed petticoat might look very exciting with a very transparent saree. There’s a huge pool of looks that we might be missing out, but we are absolutely in awe with the ones above. Also, if customization makes your heart tick, don’t forget to check the width of the fabric! You need a minimum of inches width for crafting any of these concept sarees.
Tops Doubling for Blouses
This victorian-meets-Indian style is perfect for an evening party when you are in the mood for the Indo-western style, you can wear this look and get some heads turning. You could choose fabrics for the petticoat from satin, silk, and cotton.
- This is one of the unique ways to wear a saree and carry a contemporary chic look, perfect for modern work environments.
- When it comes to off-shoulder blouses, the fitting of it becomes essential so that even when it sleeves slide from its place, the bodice can support the entire piece.
- It is best suited for cocktail parties and wedding receptions where you can pair it with a high neck blouse and a pair of danglers to keep it simple yet classy.
- This style would be further complimented if you choose a silky fabric which could define your pleats like the iridescent wings of a butterfly.
- However, with passing time, we witnessed various style enhancement.
Choose a fabric that highlights your curves and suits your body shape. Silks, cotton, and chiffon are materials that are light and flatter all body types. Do you love to wear your handloom cottons and silks, but are not sure how to ‘appear’ slim while draping these gorgeous sarees? Here are a few tips to follow to give you that flattering look in your favourite sarees. Here’s a short video illustrating the Bengali atpourey style of draping sarees. While sarees are traditionally worn by women, fashion knows no boundaries.
This awesome Marathi style saree is also known as the Nauvari saree drape. Among regional dresses, this dress highlights a lady’s curves. If you’ve seen Vidya Balan dancing on ‘Mala Jau De’, you’d have an idea about what this dress looks like. Now if you choose the right safety pin and pin-up the saree properly, then your saree will fit well and the saree will not be spoiled. For this, you need to know where the pin should be placed in the saree. Put on your shoes before you drape your saree, to ensure that it is of the proper length.
- Experimenting with various textures can result in a breathtaking silhouette.
- You can make the pallu of the saree even before draping the saree.
- The fabric, whether it be a saree, dupatta, or scarf, is the only element that has the power to make or destroy an outfit.
- Now, remember – the diaphanous sarees are meant to be flaunted.
- Walk tall in this style by adding a pair of stilettos and get all the heads turning.
This sophisticated look is ideal for work wear and family functions. You can make the pallu of the saree even before draping the saree. In this also the pin will prove to be very helpful for you. You have to set the pallu plates of the saree well first and then put a pin in it. Put this pin where you are going to put the pin by placing the pallu on the shoulder.
How to Wear a Saree For a Wedding : Saree Draping Guide
We’re real people and real people have different types of bodies. You really don’t need to lose weight or be of the ideal height to look great in a saree. Here is where you need to know which saree to pick for different occasions. The highlight though, is that some of them come with pockets! It is best suited for cocktail parties and wedding receptions where you can pair it with a high neck blouse and a pair of danglers to keep it simple yet classy.
The journey of traditional sarees taking the contemporary route has seen a pleasant headway over time which indeed has swarmed the fashion screens and markets alive. Since then it has been tweaked to fit each decade with designers like Tarun Tahiliani, Satya Paul and Sabyasachi Mukherjee giving us the chills these days.
Denim Team Up
Not only the draping style but the blouse can be played with too, team it up with a flared, off-shoulder blouse and walk it all with oomph and style. Buy more cotton ones to get a fuller figure if you’re skinny. For the main wedding event, it would be valuable for you to know how to wear wedding silk saree. A silk saree can add a lot of glam to any elaborate event. These expensive but gloriously attractive sarees come in handy especially in the wedding season.
- Experience the ease of accessibility and the joy of maintaining your collection in pristine condition.
- To ease things down, such ladies can use a couple of tricks.
- You can create the full effect by wearing your favorite shirt and knotting it in the front or back to show off that midriff.
You just need to know the correct saree wearing method to drape any type of saree. Atpur, a small village in Hooghly, West Bengal was known for weaving coarser sarees for everyday wear. The casual style of draping sarees got its name “atpourey” meaning informal from here. It is rather simple, doesn’t require careful pleating, and used to be a convenient way for women to carry their keys by tying the keyring at the end of the pallav.
Pick Right Bra
Majority of the ladies prefer to wear high heels, so get them ready in advance. The length of the saree will rely on the height of your heels. We recommend pinning it right at the back of your shoulder.
What do you wear under a sari?
No saree is complete without a blouse and petticoat. These are essential undergarments without which the saree simply cannot be worn. However, their function today goes much beyond simply providing the necessary underlying support for the saree drape. They are expected to be decorative as well.
He then imported around 32 power looms to India and thus started manufacturing of Mysore silk sarees. Initially, these sarees were more prominently used among the royal families. But as time passed, it became popular among the other people too. Style Tips for Wearing a Mysore Silk SareeAll women love Mysore silk sarees. Follow these style tips given below- Mysore silk sarees can flatter any body type.
fashion businesses trust us globally.
Mysore Silk Sarees come from the most famous silk-producing district in Karnataka called Mysore. About 45% of total silk production in the country comes from Karnataka itself. Mysore Silk Sarees are a pure, elegant artwork made of silk threads with golden zari and brocade designs.
- There’s a huge pool of looks that we might be missing out, but we are absolutely in awe with the ones above.
- Love it or struggle with it, what none of us can ignore is the undeniable charms of the saree.
- Mysore silk sarees have stolen the heart of many women since ages, and it continues to do so with its wide range of intricate design patterns.
- Just dip your toe to test the waters by layering a denim jacket over your saree to complete the look.
This style is similar to wearing a traditional waist chain around the saree. Use a thin belt with a metallic buckle or a wide cloth belt to add an edge to your look. The pant style saree walked off the runway and entered the showrooms of high street brands in 2018, and is one of the trending saree designs. We may have even let slip a swear word or two when we almost tripped over.
Try this offbeat look by wearing a cotton saree that looks dressy, elegant, and contemporary. It truly is up to your imagination to create one of the kind draping styles, these are just a few examples. Team it up with wedges or flip-flops and add a blend of uniqueness to your saree. Like most regions in India, Bengal too has its traditional way of draping sarees.
- Try this offbeat look by wearing a cotton saree that looks dressy, elegant, and contemporary.
- Your pleats should be firmly in place and should not budge.
- Even though Saree itself is a layered ensemble but the draping pattern can bring an added charm to it.
- The action you just performed triggered the security solution.
- Please buy long petticoats and adjust to the exact height after wearing your shoes.
Though not an everyday style among Bengali women any more, they still adopt this style of draping on special occasions such as Durga Puja or at family weddings. The first step to acing any saree style is understanding different styles and drapes. Which is why, you need to know how to wear saree step by step. We at Bewakoof believe that sarees are trendy, gorgeous and modern and can be worn on both casual and formal occasions.
The Rise of Cargo Joggers: A Perfect Blend of Comfort and Functionality
With an adjustable drawstring and no extra frills at the petticoat. This is why the fish cut style will make you look like a pretty mermaid in your alluring chiffon saree. Similar to the lehenga, half sarees were once the most fashionable attire among young women.
This is one of the most popular contemporary saree draping styles. It looks gorgeous with trending sarees like silk, light-weight sarees and georgette as these have the right texture to emphasise the drapes. To get this look, merely pin up one side of the pallu to the blouse and let fall into place. For the love of Handloom sarees and minimalistic style, this is the drape to try.
Learn How to Wear Indo Western Style Saree: Step by Step
One of them is sporting a saree with stunning off-shoulder blouses. There are many who are not in the habit of draping a saree. For them pairing them with tricky blouse can turn out to be more stressful. To ease things down, such ladies can use a couple of tricks. If there is one couture that every Indian woman loves to wear, it has to be a saree! Available in more than a dozen styles, this traditional ensemble is being donned for centuries in our country.
- This will prevent the pin from accidentally tearing the saree during a sudden pull or jerk.
- It is rather simple, doesn’t require careful pleating, and used to be a convenient way for women to carry their keys by tying the keyring at the end of the pallav.
- For the main wedding event, it would be valuable for you to know how to wear wedding silk saree.
- The pant style saree walked off the runway and entered the showrooms of high street brands in 2018, and is one of the trending saree designs.
- Today, the style is back to becoming a coveted look thanks to the wide variety of designs, styles, textures, and colours that they now come it.
Check out the above video to learn how to wear saree in modern style. Look phenomenal in this Gujarati style drape that you can team with a shirt-style, full sleeves blouse with a unique neckline. Shirt style blouses have gained a cult following lately with women of all walks of life donning them with various necklines and patterns. Picking a saree with patterns that incline towards the contemporary palette would keep you on trend.